POOL SCHEDULE AND RULES
- WARNING: SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK – No Lifeguard on Duty!
- Pool opens April 1st and closes October 15th.
- Pool is OPEN 6AM to 10PM. Pool is CLOSED 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM.
- All members and their accompanied guests must vacate the pool area at 10:00 PM.
- The pool may be CLOSED when chemicals are being adjusted.
Hutto, TX 78634
Emergency Phone located next to the restrooms
WARNING: NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY, SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK
The gates are to remain locked at all times. The pool can be accessed with a pool card-key and under no circumstances should the gates be propped open. DO NOT OPEN THE POOL GATE FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN YOUR FAMILY OR YOUR GUESTS. The fence and gate that surround the pool area are for resident protection.
PLEASE NOTE: Pool keys will ONLY be issued to members in good standing with the Association. To be in good standing, you must:
- Be current on homeowner assessments as outlined in the Collections Procedures
approved by the Board of Directors;
- You must have a current card-key waiver form on file with the management company.
Lost card-keys will be replaced for a fee of $25.
- Residents must have a pool card-key with them to enter pool area. The pool is for the use of Glenwood HOA homeowners and their invited guest(s)/appointed guardian(s) only. It is recommended that you write your name on your card-key so it does not get confused with others at the pool.
- Parents must provide authorization naming a specific guardian to attend to their children 15 years of age and under while at the pool. An authorized guardian must be 18 years of age or older.
COMMUNITY REQUIREMENTS & CONDUCT
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS, DRUGS OR GRILLS BE
PERMITTED IN ANY AMENITY CENTER FACILITIES OR SURROUNDING AREAS. ANYONE
SEEN ENGAGING IN THE USE WILL BE SUBJECT TO LOSS OF PRIVILEGES FOR A PERIOD OF
TIME TO BE DETERMINED BY THE ASSOCIATION BOARD, AND OTHER LEGAL ACTIONS MAY
BE TAKEN IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS & CONDUCT
Any individual(s) who are reported to be/or found to be in violation of any of these following pool rules will be reported to the Glenwood HOA Board and possibly the local law enforcement agency (as applicable). The nature of the situation will be considered and action(s) toward resolution will be at the Board’s discretion.
- Children age 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older that is Glenwood HOA member or an authorized guardian.
- The gates are to remain locked at all times. The pool can be accessed with a pool card-key and under no circumstances should the gates be propped open. The fence and gate that surround the pool area are for resident protection and protection of the property.
- USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED IN THE AMENITY CENTER FACILITIES IS AT YOUR DISCRETION. PLEASE USE CAUTION. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK
- When lifeguards or monitors are on duty, they are the authority at all times. No person shall distract a lifeguard or monitor who is on the lifeguard stand except in cases of an emergency.
- Children under age 12 must demonstrate the ability to swim the length of the pool in order to be allowed in the water without an adult at hand. Each adult member can supervise no more than four (4) children age 17 and under.
- Parents must check swim diapers AT LEAST 3 times per hour. Children under the age of 3 are not allowed in the pools without a swim diaper. Disposable diapers are not allowed, swimsuits are required.
- The Baby pool is designed for children ages five (5) and under. Adult supervision is required at all times for children in the baby pool.
- Proper swim attire is required. No “cut-offs” are allowed. Please respect all cultural differences by wearing family friendly attire
- Conduct by any person deemed to be dangerous, unreasonable, or offensive (including “horseplay”) is not allowed and should be reported to the management company. Any individual disciplined repeatedly, or for serious infractions, will lose all pool privileges for the rest of the season.
- Running, hopping, skipping or speed walking within the pool area is prohibited.
- Under no circumstances shall grills, pets, bicycles, skateboards, scooters or motorized cycles be permitted within the fenced pool area. Roller-skates and/or Rollerblades may be carried into the pool area and stored with personal belongings but may not be worn within the fenced pool area.
- Diving from the side of the pool is not permitted.
- Climbing or sliding on any hand railing is not permitted.
- No glass containers of any type are allowed in the pool area.
- Food shall only be consumed in areas at least six feet away from the pool. No chewing gum is allowed within the pool area.
- All trash generated by anyone in the fenced pool area must be placed in garbage containers or otherwise properly disposed of.
- Swimmers are encouraged to shower before entering the pool. While we encourage protection from the harmful rays of the sun, the use of oils and other heavy suntan lotions cause filter damage, use these lotions sparingly.
- Persons with open sores, wounds and bandages or communicable diseases are encouraged to refrain from swimming in the pool. DO NOT USE THE POOL IF YOU OR YOUR CHILD HAS HAD DIARRHEA IN THE PREVIOUS TWO WEEKS. IF A FECAL ACCIDENT OCCURS: All swimmers must exit the pool immediately, and the pool will be closed for a minimum of two (2) hours from the time the pool has been chemically treated. The pool will be cleaned, disinfected and tested, and proven to be free from contamination before the pool will be reopened. If your child is found to be responsible for a closure due to fecal matter, all costs to clean and reopen the pool may be assigned to your family. Incidents should be reported to the management company immediately.
- Floatation devices are permitted as long as there are less than 8 people in the pool. All air-inflatable crafts used must be a maximum 2-person carrier. Exceptions are arm-floaties and toddler carriers/life preservers.
- Any items lost will be your responsibility. If the loss or find is of great value, please contact the management company.
- Swim safely and treat others, as you would like to be treated. Do not throw items when others are nearby. Parents are responsible for the behavior of their children.
- Swimmers in the water have the right of way. Those entering the water must make certain that the area that they are entering is free of other swimmers.
- In the event of inclement weather, swimmers are to clear the pool during the storm and for at least thirty (30) minutes after lightning and/or thunder has ceased. Patrons are welcome to stay in the pool area during this time, but are cautioned to stay a safe distance from the water.
LOSS OF POOL PRIVILEGES
Again, PLEASE NOTE: Card-keys will ONLY be activated for residents in good standing with the Association. To be in good standing, you must:
- Be current on homeowner assessments as outlined in the Collections Procedures approved by the Board of Directors;
- You must have a current card-key waiver form on file with the management company.
Any individual(s) using the pool after hours (see pool rules), could lose all pool privileges for the season.
Any individual(s) committing acts of vandalism to the pool, pool house, equipment and/or surrounding area will lose all pool privileges for a period of time to be determined by the Association Board, and be held responsible for cleaning and/or repair of damaged items. In the event the individual(s) are juveniles, the parents shall assume full responsibility for their child’s actions. The Board will consider individual events.
A Glenwood HOA member must accompany a guest. Guests are limited to four per family. If you need to entertain more than four guests, please call the management company to make arrangements. Members are allowed to authorize a guardian for their needs as applicable. (baby-sitters, relatives, family friends and neighbors are allowable.) Parents must provide authorization naming a specific guardian to attend to their children 17 years of age and under while at the pool. Authorized guardians must be 18 years of age or older. Individuals who may have been involved in misconduct or vandalism to the pool area who are found on the premises may be asked to leave immediately regardless of guest status if the Board has given previous approval of such action. Individual(s) who are on the premises without permission or who are under the appointed age should be/can be asked to leave by any Glenwood HOA member or authorized guardian who is an adult and on the premises. If the individual(s) will not leave please contact the police, then contact the management company.
The restroom fixtures are sanitized and cleaned by a private janitorial service three times a week. The designated maintenance person(s) is responsible for cleaning mirrors, counters, stocking hand towels, emptying trash and hosing down the floors. But please be mindful of the other Association members by cleaning up after yourself when using the restrooms. Report any problems with the restrooms to the management company.
This phone has the capability of connecting to emergency services by pressing the button on the emergency call box.
Pool card-keys will be issued to adults (age 18 years and older), only after an Acknowledgment & Waiver form is signed. A total of one (1) pool card-key will be issued per household. If your card-key is lost or stolen, you will be provided with a replacement card-key AT A COST OF $25.00 TO YOU and your old card-key(s) will be deactivated. To obtain card-keys, please sign (execute) a current Acknowledgment & Waiver form and send it to the management company. Upon receipt of the signed card-key waiver, and pending assessment evaluation that the residence is in good standing, the card-key will then be activated and mailed. By signing the Acknowledgment and Waiver Form, members are agreeing not to distribute card-keys to anyone outside their immediate family.
Please contact the management company to schedule your party. All pool parties must be scheduled through the management company so that parties are not double-booked and all necessary paperwork can be completed. Parties at the pool may be held Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (holidays excluded). There shall be not more than fifteen (15) guests per party and parties are limited to no longer than two and one-half hours. Parties are not private and you may not turn away other member and their guests, so long as they meet the “guest policy”, from entering the pool area during a scheduled party. Parties may only be scheduled by a Glenwood HOA member over the age of eighteen (18). The party must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. There must be a one to three adult to child ratio for children ages three (3) and under; a one (1) to five (5) adult to child ratio for children ages seven (7) to twelve (12). In all events, one adult, age 18 or older must be present at all times. The sponsoring member will be responsible for any damages caused by party patrons and a Recreational Use Agreement may be requested at the discretion of the Board, the management company or Pool Committee member(s).